Regarding the parking challenges the country is currently facing, the shortage of parking spaces in urban areas is one of the major issues. Especially in older areas of cities where the need for parking areas was not reflected in the original planning, this causes additional problems such as vehicles blocking the streets due to illegal parking. This lack of planning also leads to an issue of insufficient parking spaces in some parts of cities, and underutilisation of them in others. Furthermore, staff must be present in traditional parking facilities to manage and collect payment from drivers, which is more likely to create long queues of vehicles for payment and more cost for hiring workers.
Therefore, a number of companies are developing innovative solutions in order to help businesses and the public to overcome these parking problems, and a range of these will be featured in this year’s Parking China, including:
- City-level smart parking cloud-based platforms: by integrating cloud computing, IoT, AI, big data and other technologies to collect and analyse data, as well as manage parking facilities through cloud-based platforms, this allows standardisation and efficient utilisation of resources for parking lots. Featured exhibitors such as Baidu|Apollo, Shandong Hi-speed and ZHONGKA will introduce their latest products in this category.
- Smart parking systems: Yunxingyu, Huasai Geomagnetism, ZHEBO and RadarEye are among a number of companies to showcase their smart parking solutions, including the latest ETC parking sensor technology and products that uses geomagnetic or radar sensors to ensure safe parking.
- Smart on‑street parking payment systems: Wuxi Just Trust and Jiangxi Shanshui Opto Electronic will both bring video inspection device products to the fair, along with surveillance systems brought by Parkingway, to help enforce parking restrictions, as well as assist and manage the parking payment system and facilitate automatic payment.
- Smart robotic parking systems: robotic parking solutions that integrate several patented technologies will feature at the fair. They can increase the number of parking spaces provided, as well as allow the facility to improve profit and enhance the parking experience for drivers. Double Parking will be one of the featured exhibitors in this product category.
- Charging & parking solutions for new energy vehicles: efficient integration of parking control and charging services for electric vehicles in parking spaces in order to boost the equipment utilisation will be presented by key exhibitors including Suzhou YouBo and more.
Concurrent seminar programme to highlight industry insights
The China Urban Parking Industry Integration Development Summit, organised by the China Urban Parking Industry Association (Joint Conference), will return to the fair on day one to discuss popular industry topics related to urban parking industry integration, technology convergence and application and development. The conference will bring key industry players together to exchange thoughts on the latest policies and planning regarding urban parking.
In addition, the 8th Urban Parking Investment and Operation Management Innovative Development Forum will gather representatives from leading brands and experts from the industry to share and explore the future trends, policy opportunities, innovative technologies and case studies in terms of smart parking. It also provides a platform for industry insiders to connect and interact.
Parking China will, once again, be held concurrently with Shanghai Intelligent Building Technology, Shanghai Smart Home Technology and Shanghai Smart Office Technology zone. The four concurrent events will construct a one-stop sourcing platform, encompassing the major areas of the smart industry ecosystem. An extensive range of themes will be covered, including 5G, AIoT, big data, smart offices, smart buildings, smart parks, healthy offices, energy conservation, home security and more.
Visitors can sign up here for online pre-registration.
For more information, please visit www.smartparkingchina.com, follow on WeChat through “ParkingChina_MF” or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about the parallel exhibitions:
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,450 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 29 subsidiaries around the world. The company generated annual sales of approximately €257 million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €736 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- PKC21-PR4-EN (pdf, 263 KB)